Hannah + Kenny || Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
I need to start this post off by saying that the photo limit per blog post for my website is 250 images, and it was damn near impossible to narrow down all of the photos from Hannah and Kenny's wedding to just that. Let's just say, it was a good one.
I thought that 2017 was going to be hard to top in the amount of new and different experiences I had, but I got to check 2 more firsts off my list: my first winter wedding AND my first travel wedding! I'm so stoked that Hannah and Kenny chose me to come out to Leavenworth with them to photograph their magical, wintery day. After meeting with Hannah a few times over the past 6-ish months, I knew she was extremely detail driven, and that she was going to create the exact wedding day she'd been envisioning for a long time.
Upon our arrival to Leavenworth on Friday, there was not a flake of snow on the ground. It was in the mid 40's and sunny. We were all worried that their winter wedding wasn't going to be so wintery after all, but boy, were we wrong! When I woke up Saturday, I looked outside and saw at least 6 fresh inches of heavy snow covering everything, and it was still dumping. It couldn't have worked out any better!
So here's some of my favorite moments of the day, in chronological order, which you should definitely keep an eye out as you scroll through their photos:
- ALL. THE. DETAILS! Every single part of the day was thought out meticulously and it totally shows. The jewelry, the flowers (my GOSH, the flowers), the table decor, the name cards, the personalized signs, Hannah's subtly blush pink dress, all of it. This wedding was my gold and eucalyptus filled dream.
- The letters! Hannah wrote letters to her parents, her bridesmaids wrote letters to her, and Kenny wrote her a super tear inducing letter that Hannah read right before the ceremony. It was all so freakin' beautiful.
- Hannah and Kenny read each other their vows during their first look! I've never photographed a wedding where this was done but I loved it and it felt so personal and private. They got to share those words with just each other (and Colton and I, lucky us!) and I think it made it so much more special.
- The way Kenny looked at Hannah when he saw her for the first time. Killer.
- The ring bearer that ran, bouquet first, down the aisle. Such a cute moment!
- Hannah's uncle that played a few songs on the guitar! Bonus points for his sunglasses!
- These guests were seriously committed to dancing to their fullest ability. We were so entertained watching and taking photos during the reception.
Their day was awesome, but it wouldn't have been made possible without the following vendors:
And of course, the biggest shoutout of all to Colton McCoy for coming out to Leavenworth and shooting this one with me, I couldn't have done it without all your help! He occasionally second shoots with me, but he's actually a full time videographer and I highly recommend booking with him for your wedding film!
I hope you all enjoy this roundup of faves from Hannah and Kenny's day!