3 Months Later...
If you don't follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or my personal Facebook, then you have every right to believe that I've fallen off the face of the planet. Oops.
So, in short, let me give you a little personal life update that brings us up to speed:
1. After a month of hitching rides to and from work, I got a car. A well loved 1996 Honda Accord in which I have named Meredith, after the Grey's Anatomy character. (Grey's = the best show in all of existence.) I surprisingly love this car; and although I'm making car payments and all that fun adult stuff, it was a blessing in disguise.
2. I booked some weddings! Yay, paid photography work! That is the ultimate goal, after all.
3. I decided I was going to re-do my website, started it, and then left it... for 2 months. Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm a slacker. I'm also a perfectionist, so when it wasn't looking how I wanted it to, I got frustrated and gave up on it for a while.
4. I learned who some of my real friends truly are. I'm not elaborating on that one.
5. I started going to more places by myself; which has been liberating. No longer do I feel like I need to have a friend with me to go hike or shoot somewhere. I'm totally content to sporadically leave my place at 3 PM on a day off to go drive around on unfamiliar roads with my camera and find something new to photograph. (Just the other day I found my new most favorite view of Mt. Spokane!)
6. I planned and book a campsite to a veeerryyyyyy exciting place this summer with a few people. That one is going to be announced fairly soon, I'm sure, as I'm so stupidly excited about it that it will leak on Facebook and Instagram in the decidedly near future.
7. I deleted over 600 photos on my Instagram and started completely fresh, because I was frustrated by the comparison of my old work to my new work, and feeling like I needed to live up to some standard that I'd set for myself. Change is good. So is starting over.
Okay. So here we are; it is March 28th at 10:43 PM, and I am just finishing up all the final tweaks on my website. Fonts, colors, etc. I decided it would be fitting to write a little update blog post so you guys can get back on track with me! (Also, go check out the rest of the website after you finish reading this!) I want to start blogging more often again, and I want to get back on the train of sharing my shoots and blog posts on Facebook. Facebook is dying, but it's not dead yet, so I'll take advantage of what life is left within it.
Do you guys feel like your motivation depends on the season and weather? I looked at the forecast for the week today and was very very pleased to see that by Saturday, it will be 70 degrees! SEVENTY! I can't wait. This week promises lots of outdoor time which I couldn't be happier about. I'm already thinking about planning some new shoots, teaming up with some new people, and maybe picking back up on hiking. (Also, I really do need to get hiking again to get ready for the trip I'm going on this summer. Hint hint.) Maybe I'll get the bike out a few times this week! Yay for spring!
So, anyways. I'm getting caught up on things, re-filling my Instagram with my favorite photos from past shoots, and planning lots of exciting things for the future. I'm excited to keep sharing with you all, and can't wait to see where the future takes me! Thank you for all your continued support!